The Park District strives to offer a pleasant experience for public swimming. Pool Rules are established to offer a clean and safe environment for everyone. Please obey all pool rules and Aquatic Staff to ensure a safe and fun experience while visiting Swanson Pool.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Locker Room Use
- Women’s Locker Room: girls ages 6 & older
- Men’s Locker Room: boys ages 6 & older
- Family Locker Rooms: available for all guests
- Guests must wear an appropriate swimsuit to swim. Non-appropriate swim attire includes, but is not limited to, sports bras, sport shorts, basketball shorts, cutoff jeans, underwear, thong bikinis and swimsuits deemed to be unfitting for family environment due to tightness, transparency or cut.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a tightly-fitted disposable swim diaper.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the swimming pool is not permitted.
- Pool water is not suitable for drinking. Patrons should avoid swallowing pool water.
- Running, boisterous or rough play and prolonged underwater breath holding is not allowed.
- All state and local health laws apply.
- The use of cameras and other picture-taking equipment, including cell phones, is prohibited in the locker rooms.
Supervision of Children
- Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their child(ren). Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and respond in case of an emergency.
- Children, ages 10 & under, must be accompanied by a person age 16 or older.
Play Toys/Swim Devices
- Soft water toys may be used in the Activity Pool and Sand Play Area only.
- Flotation devices and hard-throwing or spraying objects are prohibited in the water areas.
- Infant rings and tubes, baby seat floats, and US Coast Guard approved lifejackets may be used within an arm’s reach of a parent/guardian.
- Use of swim goggles and masks are permitted. Use of snorkels, fins or other devices that obstruct both airways are not allowed.
- Use caution when diving. Head and neck injuries can result from improper diving.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Make sure diving area is clear of swimmers before diving.
- Wait for previous diver to reach the ladder before diving.
- One bounce allowed per diver.
- Jump straight off board, facing forward only.
- Swimming lanes are designated for lap swim only. Swim to the right of the blue line in your lane.
- Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate removal from the aquatic facility.
- Height Requirements:
- Riders 42–47 inches may use this attraction wearing an approved US Coast Guard lifejacket.
- Riders 48+ inches may use this attraction without wearing an approved US Coast Guard lifejacket.
- Maximum rider weight is 300 lbs.
- Riders must wait for the attendant’s signal before starting the ride.
- Only one rider may enter the flume at a time. No chain riding permitted.
- Ride Position:
- Waterslide: Riders must sit feet first lying down on their back or in a sitting position. No standing, stopping or sliding down headfirst. Hands and arms must be kept inside the flume at all times.
- Drop Slide: Riders must sit feet first lying down on their back with legs crossed at ankles and arms folded across chest. No standing, stopping or sliding down headfirst.
- No swimming in splash down area.
- Metal objects, locker keys, jewelry, metal snaps, watches, etc. are not allowed on any waterslide.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons, and people using prescription medicines or those suffering from heart disease or high blood pressure should consult their physician before using the waterslide.
- Lounge chairs must be kept 4 feet from the pool’s edge and clear of emergency access points.
- Food and beverages must be kept and consumed in the Concession Area.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in the aquatic facility.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Swanson Pool is an alcohol and smoke free facility.
Pool Closure Guidelines: The Park District reserves the right to reduce pool operations or close the pool due to inclement weather, low attendance or low staff. Violation of any of these rules may result in serious injury and/or immediate removal from the aquatic facility.The pool will close if any of the following conditions occur:
- Inclement weather such as strong rain, lightening, tornado, etc.
- Air temperature below 65 degrees
- Attendance severely reduced
- Scheduled special events
- Health & safety of the public is endangered
Violation of any of these rules may result in serious injury and/or immediate removal from the aquatic facility.